Tinder won't show you the same profile twice unless the person makes a new account or if you had a bad internet connection while swiping.
Accidentally saying “no” to profiles is a common issue in online dating. You might get so used to rejecting profiles that you realize you made a mistake only after swiping “no” to a good one. That's when you accidentally swipe left!
But don't worry, you can still find a profile you swiped left on by spending a bit of time and effort. You can use tools like SocialCatfish to help you, or there are other ways to do it as well. It's not too hard to find someone's dating profile.
So, how can you find someone on Tinder after swiping left by mistake?
Here are 4 ways through which you can find someone on Tinder after swiping left on them:
1. Use the Tinder rewind button to find them back.
Tinder offers a special feature called “Rewind” to help you go back to a profile you accidentally swiped left on. However, this feature is not free to use on Tinder.
Here's how you can use the Rewind button on Tinder:
- Subscribe to one of Tinder's premium memberships (Plus, Gold, or Platinum).
- Look for the yellow arrow next to the “X” icon.
- Tap on the yellow arrow.
- You'll be able to see the profile you swiped left on!
Note that the Rewind feature only takes you back to the last profile you swiped left on. If you continue swiping after making a mistaken left swipe on a profile, you won't be able to go back to it using the Rewind tool.
The Rewind tool on Tinder allows you to see the last profile you accidentally swiped left on, but it doesn't let you revisit profiles you swiped left on before that.
2. Search for the person on Tinder via tools.
Tinder doesn't have a search bar for finding a particular person, but here's a trick you can use:
- Type in their name, age, and location in the search bar.
- It's a simple and cost-effective method, much cheaper than getting a Tinder premium subscription.
This is a tool used to find someone specific on Tinder but it still can be used if you accidentally swiped left on Tinder and find them again.
You can look for them as many times as you want, as long as the person you're searching for is still using Tinder.
3. Ask your friend to search for the person and share the person’s profile with you on Tinder.
When your friend comes across the person's profile on Tinder, they can share it with you.
When you spot a profile on Tinder, there's a way to show it to someone else. So, if you don't want to pay for premium features, you can ask your friend who uses Tinder to share the profile with you when they come across it.
Once your friend finds the profile, they can easily share it with you. After that, you can decide whether to Like, Nope, or Super Like the person. Here's how to share a profile on Tinder with someone else:
- Click the information button on the person's Tinder profile.
- Scroll down a bit, and you'll see the option “Share [name]'s profile. See what a friend thinks.”
- Choose a social platform to share the profile on.
Here’s what the link may look like:
Voila! Your friends can help you, honestly. It’s very easy.
4. Delete the new account and start fresh.
Here's another option, but it comes with some risks. Before you decide to do this, consider if it's worth it for that special person.
- First, delete your current Tinder account. You can do this by going to your profile, then to settings, and selecting “Delete Account.”
- After that, create a brand new Tinder account. Be cautious as you swipe through profiles this time.
- If you come across the person you accidentally swiped left on, use a “super-like” to grab their attention. Without a match, you can't contact them unless they also like you back and you both match.
So, in simpler terms, delete your account, make a new one, and be extra careful when swiping to find that person again. Give them a “super-like” to stand out and hope for a match!
You accidentally swipe left on Tinder, are they gone forever? If someone swipes left on you on Tinder will they still show up?
If you accidentally swiped left on a profile on Tinder, they are not gone forever.
Although it is very unlikely that someone you swiped left to show up again on your swiping feed, there are times when left-swiped profiles reappear on Tinder.
If you accidentally swipe left on Tinder they will come back if:
- A profile can come back or reappear on Tinder if there’s been a glitch on the app.
- If the person opens a new account on Tinder.
- If you open a new account on Tinder.
- If you’re living in a rural area where not many people are using Tinder.
In other words, yes, you can see a profile twice (or more) even if you swipe left on them.
Among the 75+ million users of Tinder, you found the perfect one for you, yet you accidentally swiped left on them; I understand the pain.
Is it worth taking those actions?
Before doing all this: Think about it – they might, or might not even swipe right on your profile.
Think of the odds of that person swiping right back on you: matching with that person. If you think the odds are high, then go for it!
FAQ – Swiping on Tinder!
1. Will Tinder show you someone who already swiped left on you?
No, Tinder doesn’t show you someone who swiped left on you. And neither does it show you, someone, you already swiped left.
Meaning, you will not see them if someone swiped left on you, and that person won’t see you either if you swiped left on them.
2. How to know if someone swiped left on Tinder?
You can know someone swiped left on Tinder if you swiped right on their profile, but you never saw their profile again.
That’s usually because if someone swipes left on you, you will not see them again since they rejected your profile as a potential match for them.
3. Why does someone I swiped left on Tinder show up again?
Someone you swiped left on Tinder might show up again because they’ve created another profile, you had a poor internet connection, or you’ve been shadowbanned on the app.
4. I accidentally swiped right on Tinder, what do I do?
If you accidentally swiped right on Tinder and you matched with that person you can find them on your match list, go to their profile, and unmatch them if you don’t wish to be a match with them.