If you’re trying to find someone on Bumble, whoever they might be: the bad news is that Bumble doesn’t have a search bar through which you can find specific people, that’s official; The good news is you can find them despite that.
There’s certain information that’s sort of public and accessible on a Bumble profile:
- Profile picture;
- Name & age;
Knowing that information about the person will be enough for you to find them, and it makes you ready to see what are 5 ways to find someone on Bumble:
1. Find out the person’s on Bumble through the help of a close friend
This is a way to find someone on bumble for free! Let your close friends know of who you’re trying to find, and tell them to let you know once they see or find that person while they’re swiping on Bumble.
The only way to share a profile on Bumble is through screenshots.
Unfortunately, Bumble no longer has the ‘share’ feature. It would’ve been helpful though, especially in this case it’d be so much easier for your friends to share the person’s profile with you.
You can also try to find someone on Hinge, which can be a higher percentage to find the person you looking for.
2. Open a fake account on Bumble
It’s another free method to find out if someone specific is using Bumble. If you don’t have any close and trustworthy friends that are currently using Bumble, then you can open your account.
Keep in mind that it takes effort and a few procedures until you’re able to start swiping on Bumble.
Set the distance radius (Bumble search area) and the age interests according to the person you’re looking for. You’ll find the option to do so in your settings once you open your Bumble account.
After setting your interests, start swiping until you find the person you’re looking for!
3. Find someone on Bumble by name: Search their name on Bumble through third-party services
This method isn’t free but it works and it can save you a lot of time and effort. Type their information correctly – name, age, location – and see what you can find.
It’s like a Bumble search engine that allows you to search profiles on Bumble without an account (without having a profile of your own).
This service costs and unfortunately isn’t entirely free. If you think that’ll help you can give it a try:
4. If they’re your partner/friend, talk to them: ask them
This is a free method. Most importantly, this is a genuine one. Most people are looking for their partner – if that’s the case then have a moment with them, talk to them, ask them about what’s bothering you, and have an honest conversation.
It’s difficult, I know, but it’s better to talk things through and solve them together. If you’ve been with them for a long time, you’ll know once they lie or once they’re hesitant with an answer. This is the way to go!
5. If they’re your partner: Check their phone for the app or the site in their browser history
I don’t recommend this one, but it is an option.
While keeping in mind that this isn’t the healthiest way to solve this issue with your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner you can check their devices and see if they’ve got the Bumble app installed. It should look like this:
They could also be using Bumble on the web, so you want to check for their browser history and look for bumble.com in it. If it’s recent then they’ve been up to something.
Things to keep in mind while searching for someone on Bumble
While you’re doing your search, there are a few important things you should consider despite the results you might get in the end:
1. The person might have deleted the app but not the account
Unfortunately, there’s no way you can know if someone has been recently active on the app.
A profile can appear on Bumble even if it wasn’t active for a long time. A lot of people think that deleting the app will delete their account too, and that’s what they do once they’re done using the app.
So, they might not even be active on the app and appear on it because they weren’t aware that deleting the app doesn’t mean it’s deleting the account/profile.
2. They could be using the Incognito Mode or they could have a fake profile
If that specific person that you’re looking for on Bumble, is trying to hide from you, they’ll find ways to do so:
– Using Incognito Mode on Bumble will allow the user to hide their profile but be shown to the people the user swipes right to.
– Opening a fake profile on Bumble isn’t easy, but it’s something that could be done.
If they’re trying to hide behind a fake profile, they can succeed. Even though this might decrease their chances of matching or having conversations or even getting a date.
3. Know what’s a healthy method and what’s an unhealthy method for your relationship
Talking to your partner (whoever they might be: girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, date) is the healthiest way to solve your doubt.
The other methods are either free but take effort, affect your friends’ experience on the app, or require money to not make the effort.
Sort it out before you move on: think about how the method you choose would affect the relationship.
|Ways to find someone on Bumble||Pros||Cons|
|Through a close friend||You won’t have to make any effort.||It might affect your friends’ experience with the app.|
|Open a fake account on Bumble||You might find them and test if they’re active on the app by texting them.||It takes a lot of time, effort, and skills.|
|Third-party services||It takes less effort.||It costs you money.|
|Talking to them/asking them||It’s a healthier way of solving the issue.||They might lie without you noticing they are.|
|Checking their devices||It’s easier and takes less effort.||You’re intruding on their privacy, and you might break their trust if they catch you.|
What to do after you find out your partner is on Bumble
Being in such situations can be challenging. Here are some things that are good to know and do while dealing with this situation:
1. Have a moment with yourself, breathe and calm down. You’re overwhelmed, you’re not thinking clearly because of the strong emotions you’re experiencing. Have a moment alone, breathe, have some water and calm down.
If it helps vent out your thoughts to a close friend that you trust. After you make sure you’re calm and ready to talk, then it’s time for the next step:
2. Have an honest talk with your partner about this. Let them know about your doubts, how you found out, and how the entire situation makes you feel. Be open and honest.
Keep in mind to read their body language, listen to them, and pay attention to how they’re responding: if they’re taking the blame, if they’re denying, regretting, etc.
3. Decide where the relationship is headed. After you both talk this through, it’ll be time to decide where your relationship will be headed from now on.
Take time if you need it. If you feel like you won’t be able to trust them again, it’s best that you either take a break or end the relationship. The experience might break you apart, or make you stronger than ever.
FAQ – Finding someone on Bumble
1. How to find someone on Bumble again?
If you’ve unmatched with someone on Bumble, you can find them through:
1. Giving it time for the profile to reappear on your swiping feed;
2. Opening a new account to find their profile faster.
According to Bumble people you unmatched with, eventually, reappear on your swiping feed. So, finding someone on Bumble again is easy.
2. Can someone find you on bumble with your phone number?
No, they cannot search on Bumble via phone number unless your profile appears to them while swiping.
3. How to find someone on Bumble after swiping left?
Swiping left on someone on Bumble doesn’t mean they’re gone forever.
1. Use the backtrack feature;
2. Create a new account;
3. Wait for them to reappear.