If you’re trying to find someone on Bumble, whoever they might be, I’ve got good news and bad news for you.
The bad news is that Bumble doesn’t have a search bar through which you can find specific people, that’s official.
This means you can’t look someone up on Bumble, not directly on the app. You can’t search people on Bumble.
The good news? The good news is you can find them despite that. The logic behind it?
There’s certain information that’s sort of public and accessible on a Bumble profile:
- Profile picture.
- Name & age.
Using that information, I’m going to help you find out someone is on Bumble through 5 stealthy ways!
1. Find out the person’s on Bumble through the help of a close friend.
Starting off from no brainers…
This is a way to find someone on Bumble for free! Have a close friend who uses Bumble?
Let them know who you’re trying to find, and tell them to let you know once they see or find that person while they’re swiping on Bumble.
- The only way to share a profile on Bumble is through screenshots. So make sure that you highlight this to them once they stumble upon this person’s profile.
Unfortunately, Bumble no longer has the ‘share’ feature.
It would’ve been helpful though, especially in this case it’d be so much easier for your friends to share the person’s profile with you.
2. Open a fake account on Bumble.
Another no-brainer when it comes to a Bumble profile search is joining Bumble and starting exploring until you find out if the person you’re looking for is there.
In other words, it’s a highly effective, even better free, method to find out if someone specific is using Bumble.
If you don’t have any close and trustworthy friends who are currently using Bumble, then you can open your account.
Keep in mind that it takes effort and a few procedures until you’re able to start swiping on Bumble.
It’s how it works with most dating sites while on the hunt for a specific person there.
Once you create your Bumble profile, you must
- Set the distance radius (Bumble search area) and age interests according to the person you’re looking for.
- Set your interests and preferences so that they match the person.
- After setting your interests, start swiping until you find the person you’re looking for!
This way you manipulate the Bumble algorithm to show you this person way ahead than it would if your interests weren't common.
3. Find someone on Bumble by name: Search their name on Bumble through search sites.
Luckily, people can’t find you on Bumble with your phone number. And unfortunately, you can’t find people on Bumble with their phone numbers.
If you’re trying to see if someone is on Bumble without joining, this is one of the few methods that can work out.
- This method isn’t free but it works and it can save you a lot of time and effort. Type their information correctly – name, age, location – and see what you can find.
- The best part about this is that it can show you other dating profiles too!
It’s like a Bumble search engine that allows you to search profiles on Bumble without an account (without having a profile of your own).
This service costs and unfortunately isn’t entirely free. If you think that’ll help you can give it a try:
4. If they’re your partner/friend, talk to them: ask them.
This is a free method. Most importantly, this is a genuine one. The best part?
You create room for a genuine conversation where you display your vulnerabilities and connect with one another.
Most people are looking for their partner – if that’s the case with you then have a moment with them, talk to them, ask them about what’s bothering you, and have an honest conversation.
- “I’m in need of reassurance. I’m willing to listen and understand as long as you tell me the truth. Are you using Bumble?” is all it takes to start this conversation.
It’s difficult, I know, but it’s better to talk things through and solve them together.
If you’ve been with them for a long time, you’ll know once they lie or once they’re hesitant with an answer. This is the way to go!
5. If they’re your partner: Check their phone for the app or the site in their browser history.
I don’t recommend this one, but it is an option and you must know about it.
I don’t recommend this one, but it is an option and you must know about it.
- While keeping in mind that this isn’t the healthiest way to solve this issue with your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner you can check their devices and see if they’ve got the Bumble app installed.
It should look like this:
- They could also be using Bumble on the web, so you want to check for their browser history and look for bumble.com in it.
If it’s recent then they’ve been up to something on Bumble.
- If you don’t want to look at their phone, you can simply check when they receive a notification: If it has the Bumble logo, they’re on the app!
6. Buzzhumble can help you out too.
Viewing Bumble profiles without an account is possible. There’s a search site designed specifically for this purpose: It’s called Buzzhumble.
This is one of the very few ways to see if someone is on Bumble without joining.
If you want to find someone on Bumble by name only then Buzzhumble can help you out as well.
Unfortunately, their services aren’t free, but they seem to be cheap considering the prices on other similar search sites.
- Go to the site,
- Enter their name, age, and their location (entering the city only counts as well),
- Enter your email (that’s where you receive the results),
- Make the payment,
- Get the results!
Things to keep in mind while searching for someone on Bumble!
While you’re doing your search, there are a few important things you should consider despite the results you might get in the end:
– The person might have deleted the app but not the account.
Unfortunately, there’s no direct way you can know if someone has been recently active on Bumble.
A profile can appear on Bumble even if it wasn’t active for a long time.
A lot of people think that deleting the app will delete their account too, and that’s what they do once they’re done using the app.
So, they might not even be active on the app and appear on it because they weren’t aware that deleting the app doesn’t mean it’s deleting the account/profile.
You can test it out by
- Liking their profile and see if you match,
- Start a conversation with them,
- Have a look at their pictures and see if they’re very recent.
– They could be using the Incognito Mode or they could have a fake profile.
If that specific person that you’re looking for on Bumble, is trying to hide from you, they’ll find ways to do so:
– Using Incognito Mode on Bumble will allow the user to hide their profile but be shown to the people the user swipes right to.
– Opening a fake profile on Bumble isn’t easy, but it’s something that could be done.
If they’re trying to hide behind a fake profile, they can succeed.
Even though this might decrease their chances of matching or having conversations or even getting a date.
– Know what’s a healthy method and what’s an unhealthy method for your relationship.
Talking to your partner (whoever they might be: girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, date) is the healthiest way to solve your doubt.
The other methods are either free but take effort, affect your friends’ experience on the app, or require money to not make the effort.
Sort it out before you move on: think about how the method you choose would affect the relationship.
– A reverse image search won’t do much in this case.
Sure, you can give it a try since it’s free to do a reverse image search on Google, or sites such as TinEye, but the results won’t be much of a help.
Considering Bumble’s strict policies regarding user privacy and safety, this is one of those dating apps where reverse image searching won’t work with.
|Ways to find someone on Bumble||Pros||Cons|
|Through a close friend||You won’t have to make any effort.||It might affect your friends’ experience on the app.|
|Open a fake account on Bumble||You might find them and test if they’re active on the app by texting them.||It takes a lot of time, effort, and skills.|
|Third-party services||It takes less effort.||It costs you money.|
|Talking to them/asking them||It’s a healthier way of solving the issue.||They might lie without you noticing they are.|
|Checking their devices||It’s easier and takes less effort.||You’re intruding on their privacy, and you might break their trust if they catch you.|
What to do after you find out your partner is on Bumble?
Being in such situations can be challenging, so here are some things that are good to know and do while dealing with this situation:
– Have a moment with yourself, breathe, and calm down.
You’re overwhelmed, you’re not thinking clearly because of the strong emotions you’re experiencing. Have a moment alone and breathe.
If it helps, vent out your thoughts to a close friend that you trust. After you make sure you’re calm and ready to talk, then it’s time for the next step:
– Have an honest talk with your partner about this.
Let them know about your doubts, how you found out, and how the entire situation makes you feel. Be open and honest.
Keep in mind to read their body language, listen to them, and pay attention to how they’re responding: if they’re taking the blame, if they’re denying, regretting, etc.
– Decide about where the relationship is headed.
After you both talk this through, it’ll be time to decide where your relationship will be headed from now on.
Take time if you need it.
If you feel like you won’t be able to trust them again, it’s best that you either take a break or end the relationship. The experience might break you apart, or make you stronger than ever.
FAQ – Finding someone on Bumble
How to find someone on Bumble again?
If you’ve unmatched with someone on Bumble, you can find them through:
- Giving it time for the profile to reappear on your swiping feed;
- Opening a new account to find their profile faster.
According to Bumble people you unmatched with, eventually, reappear on your swiping feed. So, finding someone on Bumble again is easy.
2. How to find someone on Bumble after swiping left?
Swiping left on someone on Bumble doesn’t mean they’re gone forever.
Here’s what you can do to find someone on Bumble after swiping left:
- Use the backtrack feature;
- Create a new account;
- Wait for them to reappear.