Tinder features some of the most interesting profiles on any online dating app.
These are: funny, very good and then, very fake.
Fake Tinder profiles have been on the rise for a quite a while now, making Tinder user’s experience terrible.
Many have been duped into believing that some Tinder profiles are who the owners they say they are.
These have gone from celebrity impersonators to famous models and important people in society.
A significant number of Tinder users have given up on the site all together.
They have seen Tinder as a social catfish dating app and preferred to use others instead.
It is true.
There are fake profiles on Tinder.
These have cost people money, happiness and led to total embarrassment.
What would inspire people to create Tinder profiles?
Believe me, even an ex getting back at you is a reason.
However, we shall come to the reasons why people create fake profiles later on.
What matters most is that you can be able to spot these liars and know what to do once you spot them.
I square out a very detailed document for you so that you will never lose on Tinder again.
After reading this, you will be as on point as possible in identifying fake Tinder profiles and being safe.
This is the read that you have been waiting for since you joined Tinder.
I plan to make this as detailed for you as possible with the following:
- The answer to whether Tinder has fake profiles.
- Know the fake Tinder accounts.
- Get to know who is responsible for the creation of fake Tinder accounts.
- The percentage of fake Tinder accounts.
- How to handle impersonation.
There will be more added that will also feature:
- Why fake Tinder profiles exist.
- How to tell if a profile is fake.
- Good reasons to create a fake Tinder account.
Plus so much more. Just for you!
You get this Tinder fake profile guide for free.
So, just read, enjoy and remember to use this knowledge out there.
1. Yes, Tinder Has Fake Profiles
A fake Tinder profile is one that features either a fake photo, bio, job description or all, together.
It descends from a fake account that is created to impersonate another user for various reasons.
It is obvious to spot some while others are not so easily noticeable.
Tinder has a lot of fake profiles operating for various reasons such as, gathering Instagram followers.
Tinder has some profiles created for its own research.
These help it to gather data on users all over the world.
The person would be Browsing Tinder Anonymously
Others may be used to help improve customer experience.
There are those that are created to make the business look better and more successful.
There is no certainty on the number of fake Tinder profiles.
However, they are many.
These operate like Tinder bots. Even when you chat with these profiles, the replies seem auto generated.
Tinder bot messages just get you confused in the middle.
What I know is that, it seems pretty interesting but let us get to know more about it.
2. Fake Tinder Accounts
There are many fake Tinder accounts in operation today.
There are some that are so well hidden that you cannot easily spot them.
Towards the end of this read, you will get to learn the characteristics of fake Tinder profiles.
These will help in better understanding of their workings. .
However, fake Tinder accounts encompass several items that make them be called, “fake”.
- They have other people’s photos.
Mostly these are famous people.
There are several celebrities that have been impersonated by Tinder users for various reasons.
This forced Tinder to offer real celebrities the blue tick under their Tinder accounts.
- They have bios that resemble other users’ bios.
- In some cases, there is no bio or job description.
- They interestingly have profiles with similar interests, dislikes, and even food types.
- They seem too good to be true.
- They also feature inconsistent photos.
It is from fake Tinder accounts that fake Tinder profiles come.
- You hardly see the real names of the users.
Look at this one here.
Definitely not her real name.
They are out to solicit for followers to other sites.
This is a classic example of a girl looking for Instagram followers.
3. The Parties Responsible For Creating Fake Tinder Profiles
There are people who think that Tinder creates fake profiles.
Others believe that it is the Tinder users themselves.
Well, who really creates the fake Tinder profiles?
It is the Tinder users themselves.
Tinder also does it. I will tell you why as you read on.
Tinder users have many reasons for creating fake profiles and these will be mentioned throughout this document.
A quick preview of why Tinder users create fake profiles includes:
- They want to catfish other Tinder users.
- They want to find cheating spouses.
You will realize that, some of the reasons are negative whereas others are positive.
Creating fake profiles may also be for all the good reasons such as stopping a cheating spouse.
Tinder may also create fake Tinder profiles.
The reason here may be to make it appear as if a lot of people are using Tinder.
This is a business move that makes Tinder users see that the online dating app is still very popular.
It may also be a business move to fight off competitors such as Hinge and Ok-Cupid.
4. The Percentage of Fake Tinder Profiles
No one has an exact figure of how many fake Tinder profiles exist.
There is only speculation.
What we do know is that, they are many.
The Tinder Guide should help you navigate safely around Tinder and match with the true users.
5. What to Do When Someone Impersonates You
The Tinder help guide gives these steps in dealing with a stolen identity:
- Write to Tinder. Use this request link to directly send them a message.
- Give a reason for your report.
- Give the name, age, bio, photos or more on the fake profile that you are reporting. Use a screenshot.
- Add the user’s location, phone number and email address if known.
There is a greater chance of stopping a fake profile if you report early enough.
I advise that you report within the first 24 hours of realizing it.
Tinder may ask you for a verification through sending you an SMS to prove that you are the real account.
6. Why Fake Tinder Profiles Exist
There are good reasons and bad reasons as to why fake Tinder profiles exist.
I have dedicated a theme in this read about. “The good reasons to create a fake Tinder profile”.
You will come across it.
I would want to give the negative reasons why fake profiles exist:
- They are there to catfish you of your money and resources.
The Tinder Catfish wants your money and they will lie to you that they are hot models.
- They are a bad way to get back at an ex by displaying them in a negative light.
Revenge is terrible and Tinder users are known to get back at their exes by using bad profiles in their names.
Your ex may have a conversation with you, flirt with you and then leak that to your current date.
- Tinder has not done enough to stop them.
Badoo has a better verification feature than Tinder.
On Badoo, one has to take a photo of themselves emulating an action which they give you.
This proves that you are the real person.
For Tinder, all that you do is verify an SMS.
It is very easy to cheat on this.
You can browse Tinder without an account and without a phone number.
- Tinder users have not reported them.
I am sure that you have come across several fake profiles and you have just ignored them.
When you see a fake Tinder profile, you should report it.
Tinder will work towards removing it and you will have saved many Tinder users from loss.
- To spread malicious advertisements.
There are Tinder bots that send you to porn sites.
They are there to solicit for clients to sex and webcam video sites.
Usually these have the automatic replies to your messages.
- To play with your psychological wellbeing.
Some people are not strong enough to be rejected by girls.
Other girls do not believe it when guys are not interested.
In retribution, they decide to punish innocent Tinder users.
They create fake profiles to lead people on and then ghost them, insult them or worse.
Fake Tinder profiles are a sign of a lack of money, love and happiness.
There are just a few good reasons to create a fake Tinder profile, such as, to catch a cheating spouse.
7. The Tinder Bots
Tinder is full of Tinder bots.
They are misleading and advertise to other users wrongly.
Tinder bots are sort of automatic messages that fill your inbox whenever you try to chat to a match.
This match would be a fake Tinder profile.
They seek to redirect you to subscription sites, porn sites and any site that you will use your credit card.
8. How Do Fake Tinder Profiles Work
The fake Tinder profiles surely must have a mechanism of operation.
It is almost impossible to believe that Tinder bots can exist in a professional online dating app.
So, here is how a fake Tinder profile works.
- The user talks to you calmly at first. Their introduction is okay.
- Their replies to your messages lose direction.
- They may send you messages long before you ever have a chance to reply.
- There are hardly any interests to know you more.
- They are more interested to send you to credit card sites so that you use your information.
- If at all they successfully catfish you, they ghost you or delete your match.
- You must be very observant of these signs.
Sometimes it is very easy to know that one is a fake Tinder profile.
9. How To Tell if a Tinder Profile is Fake
Some signs are easy to see.
Others require your wisdom.
Nonetheless, reading this will help you keep safe on Tinder.
These are the signs of a fake Tinder profile:
- They lack a bio.
- There is no consistency in photos. They may look different.
- The photos are low resolution or aren’t even there to begin with.
- You get bot chats in messaging.
- You get nonsense in messaging.
- Responses are quick because they are automated bots.
- The names on the profiles are just stupid and crazy.
- You get redirected to porn sites in messaging.
Obviously this is not a serious Tinder user. His bio also shows he is a fake.
How many kids could a high school student have really?
10. Good Reasons to Create a Fake Tinder Profile
There are some good reasons to create a fake Tinder profile.
These are based on; investigations, confirmation of facts and even mere research.
Let me lay them down clearly.
Here are some good reasons to create a fake Tinder profile:
- You may be investigating a potential date that you matched with in your real account.
This means that you will be Browsing Tinder Anonymously.
- You may want to confirm that someone is who they say they are.
- You may be out to gather data for your own personal research.
For example, the percentage of Tinder users who are gay or handicapped.
- You could be out looking for a cheating spouse.
See the info on Tinder Cheaters Exposed to learn more on this.
If you spot a cheating wife, you may then take a screenshot as evidence.
- You may have spotted a girl that you like and want to Know What to Say when you match.
This means that you will ask her for various details as a random guy and use that in your real account.
You may ask her about her favorite dating spot, food, dressing on a man and so forth.
It is not always a bad thing to have a fake Tinder profile.
So long as it is being done for all the right reasons such as we have stated above.
11. The Characteristics of Fake Tinder Profiles
Fake Tinder profiles have these signs that you must realize:
- The photos are too professional. They resemble those of celebrities.
- The conversation is too weird.
- The bios are too short or non-existent.
- They have no info on job descriptions.
- They are full of bots.
We have discussed a lot of these above but it was a very brief reaffirmation.
12. How to Avoid Fake Tinder Profiles
You must avoid all the things that we have discussed above.
Look back at the most immediate theme, “Characteristics of a fake Tinder profile”.
Look back also at “How to tell if a Tinder profile is fake”.
Avoid all those items that we discussed on those two major themes.
You should be safe.
I will just recap on the most important things:
- Do not chat with someone whose messaging is weird and full of bots.
- Try to go after serious profiles with serious bios.
- Do not be desperate. Know if you are being catfished.
- Report fake Tinder profiles immediately. Let them not hurt other innocent users.
- Tinder is a nice app, make it better for others. Be a real profile.
Those are the most important things to remember.
Tinder is not a bad online dating app.
Do not be scared by these fake Tinder profiles.
Tinder is a wonderful community where true love can be found.
Make the dreams of others come true by having a true profile and reporting fakes.
Hey, Tinder is fun even just for a one night stand. Do not kill Tinder by being fake.
Please stay safe. Good luck to you.