So…all you have is that person’s phone number? Don’t worry, that’s enough to find out if they’re on dating apps.
Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, OKCupid, etc.—all the big-name companies require a phone number for users to sign up or simply login.
The reason is pretty valid, though: having a phone number on dating platforms verifies that you’re human and not an up-to-no-good bot.
You can’t search for someone specific INSIDE dating apps.
To protect people’s privacy, most dating apps came up with a rule: no searching for people inside the platform—which makes sense, since dating apps are different from social media.
This is great news to many dating app users, but leaves the ones who want to find cheating partners’ dating profiles with no options.
Almost no options! You can find people’s profiles by phone number—let me show you a couple of ways:
1. The phone number search method on SwindlerBuster.
Other than finding someone on Tinder by name, SwindlerBuster also offers a phone option that you can use to find dating profiles by phone number.
This is how you can access it:
- Go to SwindlerBuster;
- Click on Phone;
- Enter the person’s phone number.
If any, you will find all hidden Tinder profiles corresponding to the phone number you put in after a short delay.
2. Launch the dating app and try logging in with their phone number.
Remember when I said users are asked to log in using their phone number every time? Let’s do something with that.
Install the dating app you suspect they’re using on your phone and attempt to log in (or sign up) using their number.
– Doing this will alert them as they will be receiving a log-in SMS code on their phone and it’s bound to raise some suspicions.
If you get a notification stating an account with that phone number doesn’t exist, then you have nothing to worry about…probably.
And, if a code is on its merry way, then this person most definitely has a dating profile—you can do this to find dating profiles by email too!
3. Use SocialCatfish’s Phone Lookup feature.
SocialCatfish is truly a service of many talents:
- Name Searches;
- Email Lookups;
- Reverse Phone Lookups;
- And even reverse image searches.
To use their Phone Lookup features, go to SocialCatfish, pick the third icon, (i.e. the Phone option), and write the phone number of your choice.
It’s quick and reliable, and if the person in mind has ANY dating profiles, SocialCatfish will tattle on them.
– Reverse Phone Lookup is part of SocialCatfish’s “Social Search” plan, which costs $5.73 for 3 days—you need to go to SocialCatfish, click on Log in, sign up for an account, and choose “Active Plan” under “Social Search”.
4. The Spokeo Phone Lookup alternative.
Spokeo is another alternative to putting their phone number on a people-search service and finding out all the dating sites they’re on.
– You first need to visit the Spokeo site, Sign up, and then complete your purchase to be able to try this out—you can pick between paying $19.95 per month, for 1 month, or $14.95 per month, for 3 months.
Go back to Spokeo after completing the necessary steps, pick the Phone search method, and write the phone number you have in mind.
5. Reverse-search a phone number with BeenVerified.
Here’s another trustworthy service to help you find somebody's dating profile hassle-free: BeenVerified.
– You already know how this goes: sign up and pick a subscription plan, then go to BeenVerified to use what you paid for (the Revere Phone Lookup in this case).
Wait for your results and see what dating profile the target person has.
6. More paid alternatives to SocialCatfish, Spokeo, and BeenVerified are to be considered.
These 3 services are only the tip of the iceberg…the internet is riddled with third-party, online investigating services that work pretty much the same way:
– Although pricey, the overall Phone Lookup method, is effective and provides reliable results pulled from online, trustworthy databases.
Before you open your wallet, there are a couple of things you need to know about this method! And that is that, aside from SocialCatfish, most services provide information only about US citizens.
So you’d need to pick one that has access to international data if the person you’re looking for isn’t from America.
Oh, and if you see nothing on your report, then that person either isn’t a dating app fan or is using a different phone number.
7. Give free alternatives a try!
You may try free phone look-up services if you don’t feel comfortable paying for them. E.g.:
You can search for a phone number’s information for free, but the results may not be all that accurate considering free services don’t have access to elaborate databases.
There is no harm in trying, however!
8. Check their phone SMS.
The last method to help you with your predicament is using the codes sent to that person’s phone; though, I don’t see how you can do this unless you’re dating the person.
Tinder, for one, sends users a code each time they want to log in and use the app; you can check their Messages app for any similar codes.
And if you’re feeling risky, you can even use it to log in and see what they’re using the dating platform for—which we all know why.
– Do this where your partner can’t see you or ask to use their phone for something. If you don’t see anything, check the Deleted Messages section.
For instance, on iPhone, the recycle bin is located in Messages > Edit > Show Recently Deleted.
If you find no incriminating messages there either, then your partner is either as innocent as they come or a smart cheater. There’s no in-between.
– No, you can’t search your contacts on Tinder!
Or on any other dating platform for that matter because they don’t disclose their trusted users’ phone numbers to the public.
Tinder’s design doesn’t even have a search bar you can use to look for somebody specific, and that’s done to keep users safe.
– Dating app users can also block the phone numbers on their contact list to avoid coming across someone familiar—and sadly, this is common practice.
Don’t forget they might be using a different phone number!
Don’t forget that people often use different, fake phone numbers for their dating accounts, and this will make your search more difficult.
On top of everything, it’s possible to sign up in ways other than with a phone number.
– You will also need to consider the fact your partner might not be using dating sites at all—unless you confirm they are, your search might be fruitless.
But, there are other ways too.
If it’s just a phone number you have, then I understand—if you have other sources, however, then your options are plenty.
- Reverse image searching their photos (PimEyes, TinEye, etc.);
- Searching for their name/email address on SocialCatfish, Spokeo, etc.;
- Checking their phone’s apps or notifications;
- Opening a profile on the dating app they’re using and filtering your preferences to match that person.
Pick whatever you feel most comfortable with and weigh out the pros and cons. I am sure you will find that person in no time.