Social profiles tend to be very easy to find especially if the person openly uses their name and last name to identify themselves.
Things get a harsh and difficult shift the moment the person decides it’s a good idea to have multiple social media accounts, even worse, hidden.
I’ve been in a position where I had to search for hours and ended up just as miserable as you could be feeling right now.
After some hard-learned lessons, research, and expertise, it’s time for me to share the 10 best ways to find a hidden social media account!
1. Use Social Network Profile Sleuth.
This is one of the easiest ways to start when you’re trying to find hidden profiles on social networks.
If you’re looking for a way to find hidden profiles for free, then this is it!
All you’ve got to do is search the person’s name and last name, and you’ll have results shown within seconds.
All the social media profiles that are visible to search engines under that name and last name will show up unmixed with other search results.
It is a site specifically designed for this purpose, it’s entirely free, and the results are super quick!
2. Do a Google search with an advanced method “site:site.com name”.
Another super easy way to go about this is to use Google, but not the way you might’ve thought when you first read the word “Google!”
Here’s what’s up! If you search on Google the right way, you can get extremely specific results on one single site.
So, let’s say you want to find this person on Facebook, or perhaps Instagram, or another social network, then there’s a way to make the results specific!
How do you do that? Well, easy!
- All you have to do is search “site:site.com name” on Google and the results will show. For example “site:instagram.com benjamin miller”
- You can search any site as long as you specify it on Google by typing “site:” right next to the site you want to search on;
- It can be Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media, even Tinder!
- The best part about this is that it can show you results about their activity on social media as well such as Facebook or Instagram comments, etc.
- You don’t have to know this person’s username to find their social media profiles, all you need to know is their first and last name!
3. Use Picuki.com for Instagram.
If you’re trying to find a hidden profile on Instagram without an account, then you can give this site a go!
The name has a funny sound to it, but the site does its job quite well actually!
All you have to do is search the name and last name, or just the username of that person if you know what it is, and press search.
I, for example, searched “Benjamin Miller” on the search bar, and I got these results:
There are a lot more results to scroll through that don’t include this full name and last name.
This means if the person used an email or that name yet, and didn’t choose a username that gave it away, you can still find them.
4. Look them up on socials one by one.
On any social media, you’re registered on, if you’re trying to find a hidden profile, then you can look them up on each of those socials one by one.
The thing is that if this person is trying to avoid being seen by you on those social media platforms then they can block you without you being aware of it.
However, since this option is free and easy to do, you should give it a try!
- What you want to do is adjust your search depending on the social media.
For example, on Instagram you want to search for an accurate username rather than just a name and a last name;
- Use search filters as much as you can to make your search as accurate as possible;
- Take your time to find this person’s profile on social networks, consider the fact that it can take some time;
5. Use Google Images, but not for a reverse image search.
Google Images in such situations is often used for reverse image searches. Finding a social media profile through a reverse image search is old news!
It’s time to level it up and stop wasting your time on a method that might as well not even work!
How to use Google Images to find hidden profiles on social networks then?!
Well, it’s this simple:
- Go to Google Images;
- Search “site:site.com name,” for example, “site:instagram.com benjamin miles”
- Take a look at the pictures shown in the results;
You can do such a search with any social media, be it Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or even dating sites!
The reverse image search can be effective in some cases, but it keeps getting less and less effective as a method.
6. Try other social search engines.
The internet is like a sea filled with options, methods, and solutions to a sea of problems.
There are plenty of services specifically designed for finding hidden social media accounts.
All it takes is a search through email, phone number, name, last name, or any type of information you have on this person.
Most of these services aren’t free, however, there are a bunch of them that you can find for free.
You want to be careful when deciding to pay for a particular service though! Do detailed research on the site before you put your money and bank details in!
7. Look them up by email for free.
You can find hidden profiles using email addresses as well. There haven’t been many sites known to do the work, however, there’s one that does the work.
The site is called Epieos, I’ve tested it, and it works. One of the best parts about this is that it is free!
You do, however, have to pay for some of their services, but the main results will show without you having to pay for access to the links shown.
You can search by email or by phone, and at the very least, their Google account and location IP will appear on the results!
|You might also be interested in How to do a free reverse email lookup on dating sites?
8. Go through their phone.
If you’re trying to find out if your partner has secret social media accounts, then another way to go about it is to go through their phone.
Ideally, you want their consent to do so. However, a lot of people do this secretly despite this not being healthy.
If you’re close to your partner and you want your connection to be safe from contempt or resentment then you can choose the healthy way by saying
“I have a feeling something’s off, and I’m in need of reassurance. Would it be okay if we went through your phone together?”
Nevertheless, whichever way you choose to go about this, you want to look at:
- Social media or dating app icons;
- The number of accounts on Instagram, Facebook, or other socials;
- Folders on their Gallery (e.g. Snapchat, Whatsapp Images, etc);
- Their browsing history;
9. Look them up on Linkedin.
You can find someone's hidden social media accounts by also looking them up on Linkedin!
This method is free, and you can get a hint of what they’re up to.
You could find a link or two that leads to their social media if you manage to find their LinkedIn!
On the other hand, if you don’t know much about this person, you could get enough clues from their LinkedIn profile to do more detailed research on them.
It’s free, so it’s worth giving it a try!
10. Do an advanced search on Facebook.
Uncovering hidden profiles for free also has a lot to do with your research skills. With a little bit of ‘out of the box’ thinking, you can find anyone on the internet!
As we all know, you can search for anyone on Facebook. However, if you’re trying to uncover a hidden profile, then you’ve got to level it up a notch.
Categorize your search, filter the search, and make it as narrow to the person you’re looking for as possible.
If you know for sure they’re trying to hide this profile from you, then they’ll find ways to do so, there’s no doubt about that!
If that is the case, then you’ve got to rely on other methods.
However, if this is a person you’re trying to find on social media, then an advanced search on Facebook could help you.
- Search their name and/or last name in the Facebook search bar;
- Select the ‘People’ category;
- Then fill in every piece of information you’ve got on them ‘City,’ ‘Education,’ ‘Work,’ ‘Friends of Friends,’ etc.;
What’s the best way to find hidden profiles on social networks?
Finding hidden profiles on social networks isn’t that difficult if you correctly use the tools that the internet provides us with.
Again, the internet is like a sea full of solutions to our seas of issues and troubles.
But then comes another question, what is the best way to find hidden profiles on social media?
If we add more emphasis to the ‘hidden’ part, then we might as well keep in mind that this person we’re trying to find doesn’t want to be found by us.
Or that maybe they’re using social media but don’t want to be found by most people, not necessarily just us.
Now, what is the best way to go about this?
Here are my 3 top picks and their pros and cons!
|1. Google and Google Images.
|– It’s free;
– It’s easy to do;
– The results are fast and accurate;
|– If the person isn’t using their real name and last name you might not be able to find them;
|2. Using social search engines.
|– It’s very accurate;
– It doesn’t rely only on ‘superficial information such as name and last name;
– You can search the person by phone number and email;
– Some services are free;
|– You have to pay for some of the services;
– If the person isn’t using the email or phone number you’re searching then you might not find them;
|3. Going through their phone.
|– You’ll have something concrete to work with;
– It can be very easy;
– They can’t hide their activity;
|– They could be using incognito mode;
– They can remove their browsing history;
These are just my top 3, however, yours don’t have to be the same!
Choose the method that you think works best for you, your time, and your pocket.
The tip of the day? Do some research on the site before you decide to give your bank details.
Being in the heat of the social profile hunting process can cloud your judgment and you may as well end up paying for a service that results ineffective.
So, before giving your money away, do your research, take a look at the reviews, and ask people who have tried the service before.