Depending on who that ‘someone’ is to you, the process of finding their dating profile can be a piece of cake or a bumpy road to success.
The more technology advances the easier it gets to find people on social networks and dating sites!
There are a lot of ways (most of which are for free) through which you can find their dating profile. Ready to dive in?
Here are 11 clever ways to find out someone has a dating profile:
1. Try a dating profile search by phone number using a dating profile search engine online.
The search engines I’m referring to are search sites that are specifically designed to look people up on dating apps and sites. Pretty much like dating profile finders.
They’re very helpful for anyone trying to find out if someone is on dating apps.
Finding dating profiles in this day and age is very easy thanks to advanced technology.
All it takes is a search and within seconds you find someone on a dating site!
This is one of the best options since the results are fast and accurate. Most importantly, you can do a search on all dating sites at once.
You can do a username search on all dating sites with one single search.
Nevertheless, you can also search for a name, username, email, phone number, or any other information you have about them, and get the results right away.
You can make a dating profile search through other sites as well. Here’s a list of search sites you can do a dating profile lookup through:
- Swindlerbuster (Works best for Tinder),
- BuzzHumble (Works for Bumble),
- Cheaterbuster.net (Works for Tinder only),
- Dating Profile Finder (Android App)
Considering the difficulty of searching people on dating sites by email or phone number on other search engines, other services can come in handy.
We recommend using the Socialcatfish service to find out if someone's have a dating profile, which is more accurate and provides various dating apps/sites included.
Using such tools can be a very effective way to find dating profiles by email or phone number.
These tend to be a better option if you’re not sure of the dating app or site that the person you’re looking for might be using.
Keep in mind
2. You can use Google to do a username search on dating sites for free.
Finding out if someone is registered on a dating site for free can be easier than you thought!
Believe it or not, Google can help you find out if someone is on a dating site for free!
Here’s how you can make good use of Google when trying to find out if someone has a dating profile:
- “name” site:tinder.com
An example is, “Benjamin” site:tinder.com
This works mostly for Tinder, but you can give it a try with other dating sites too.
Here’s an example tinder.com/@jessica
You can put the username you think they’d use, meaning, you can add numbers too. It’s free, it’s worth giving it a shot!
- Use Google Image’s drag and drop.
Besides this person’s username, you can use Google Images as well.
If you’ve got a picture of theirs that you think they’re likely to use on a dating profile, then there’s something you can do about it!
If you have the image on your phone then you’ve got options as well:
- Use Google Images as a free dating profile search engine by looking up an image of the person you’re looking for.
- You’ll be able to see results if the picture is visible on search engines through the dating app the person is using.
- It’s worth giving it a shot, considering that it’s free and it can show you results if they’re using an app that has the pictures of their users visible to search engines.
3. Find someone on dating sites by email for free by looking them up on online services.
Finding someone on dating sites by email free can be a slightly more difficult process than finding them by username.
There are only a few tools online that offer their searching services for free, making it possible for you and me to find out if someone is on a dating site.
- Usersearch is free (though it has options for which you have to pay), and shows you most of the results you’re looking for.
It has got options for which you want to search(for example Dating sites, Search Emails, Social Networks, etc.)
It is one of the ways to find out if someone has a dating profile for free but has more tools available for the same purpose.
- Epieos is also free. You can search by email or phone number!
It shows highly accurate results of a person’s information including their social networks, or even location.
However, to have full access to the information and links presented you must sign up or pay for the particular service.
Know this person’s email? Go on and do a free reverse email lookup for dating sites to find this person’s dating profile!
This is not sponsored by Usersearch or Epios!
4. Find someone’s dating profile by creating a fake dating profile yourself.
If you’re not using a dating site or app currently, then you can try to create one so that you find the person you’re looking for.
If that’s someone likely to avoid you, then you want to create a fake dating profile.
- Pick a dating app/site that you suspect the person might be using;
- Create a profile with pictures other than yours and a fake name;
- Set your preferences according to the person you’re looking for;
E.g. whether you’re looking for men or women, the age of the person you’re looking for, the distance, etc.
- Start swiping until you stumble upon the profile of the person you’re looking for.
Most dating apps/sites show you people based on your preferences.
If you match each other's preferences, your profiles will appear on each other’s feeds. This is due to the dating apps’/sites’ algorithms.
Pay attention to the location, since most dating apps show you the nearest, and if the person you’re looking for people in another country, then chances are you’re not going to be shown to one another.
5. Enter their email on the dating sites to find out if someone has a dating profile for free.
One more easy way to find someone’s dating profile is to see if they’re registered on dating sites by trying to log in with their emails on particular dating sites.
Although this might not work with a majority of dating sites or apps, it’s free, and you can give it a shot!
I’ve checked Tinder, Bumble, eHarmony, OkCupid, Badoo.com, and pof.com if it’d work to put in the email on the registration part, and apparently, Eharmony is the only one to be working that way.
“This email/phone has been already registered” is what we’re looking for.
However, if you think that the site that this person is using isn’t Eharmony, then you should give another option a try…
Before you go on and see if this works on other dating apps/sites, test out any other email because it could cause you trouble.
- Go to the dating site app;
- Put your partner’s email, and tap the “forgot password”.
- If the site notifies you with something similar to “Incorrect email” then your partner is likely not using that site.
- If the site notified them through email, then this person is likely to be using the site.
You can do this while your partner is around and see if they react once they get the notification.
6. Check your partner’s devices to see if they have hidden dating profiles.
One of the most direct ways to find out if someone is on dating sites is to plainly check their phones or computers.
Checking your partner’s phone or computer might not be the healthiest choice, however, as much as I hate to say it, it’s proven to be highly effective.
Once your partner is not around in the room but has their device/es in the room that you’re in, check their phone, or computer if you know their passwords.
On the other hand, you can ask for permission to check their devices in front of them.
- Look for dating app icons. Look for apps such as Tinder, Hinge, Grindr, etc. If you don’t see these apps it’s a pretty good sign they’re not using them.
- Check their browsing history for dating sites. You’ll know clearly when a site they’ve been on is a dating site since it’ll be notable on the link.
- Look for secure folders. When a secure folder is activated on your partner’s device, it can indicate that they’re hiding something from you.
If your partner is using their dating profile in incognito mode – a mode on the browser that doesn’t save any history or traces of what you watch/search on the internet – you’re not going to find anything.
7. Check the sites and apps visited with your WiFi connection and find the hidden dating profiles.
You can find out if someone is using dating sites or apps or if they’re using your WiFi!
All it takes is a simple call to your WiFi provider, and they’ll be able to help you with this.
On the other hand, if you have a friend who is skilled in Informational Technology issues, then they can help you as well!
You can have access to the sites that are being visited with your WiFi, however, you cannot have access to passwords or other sensitive information.
This method is awesome if this person is your partner and they’re likely to hide their dating profiles from you.
8. Have a look at their behavior to tell if they have a dating profile.
Cheaters get exposed themselves. Their behavior and body language give it all away.
If you suspect that your partner has a dating profile, then their behavior and body language can give you a lot of clues as well.
Here’s what you can see in their behavior if they’re on dating apps or sites:
- They’re protective of their phones/other electronic devices. This behavior usually means they’re hiding something, or they’re being secretive about something on their phone, it’s not necessarily a dating profile, but there’s something they’re not willing to share with you.
- They’ve been very engaged on their phone lately, and they don’t share what it's about. They seem to be so into their phones, that they take them everywhere they go and use them a lot.
If they hide their phone like their life depends on it, they’re probably hiding a dating profile (or something else that might ruin the relationship) from you.
- You found out that they’ve been having a second phone keeping it secret from you. A secret second phone is never a good sign. If not a dating profile, something of infidelity could be in the mixture.
- They act very defensively when you address their behavior. If they’re guilty and that guilt gets the spotlight, then get ready for a tantrum.
When you address an issue with a guilty person you’re likely to face an overly-defensive argument that sounds more like a tantrum rather than a calm statement of the truth.
9. To find out if your partner is on dating sites, approach them and ask them about it.
Lack of trust often signals an unhealthy basis and unstable ground of a relationship.
If you’re trying to find out if someone is registered on a dating site or dating app for free, this is one of the best ways to go!
Assuming that it is your partner you’re trying to find on dating apps/dating sites, then you can solve this through an honest, open, and genuine conversation.
If your partner is genuine and honest with you, they’ll get rid of your doubts.
Relationships are about supporting and lifting each other up, not draining each other of doubt, insecurities, and pain.
If your connection is genuine, the conversation will solve this pretty well.
If you’re not feeling good about all this ‘investigation’ and if you don’t see another way of trusting your partner without feeling the need to control them, take a break to figure it out or leave the relationship.
10. A friend using dating apps can help you find a person’s dating profile for free.
Another way to find out if someone is on a dating app entirely for free is to ask a friend who is already on a dating app to help you.
If you don’t have a dating profile yourself, then it’s time for you to ask for help from your friend(s) who do have a dating profile.
What you can do is ask them to keep an eye on when using their dating apps/sites.
- Let them know the name, show them a picture of the person you’re trying to find, and ask them to let you know if they spot them.
- The more friends you have using dating apps the better it’ll be for you, considering that they might be using various dating apps rather than just one.
- This way, you increase the chances of finding out whether that person has a dating profile.
Another way to know if your partner has a dating profile for free, check!
11. Your last resort: Checking out Facebook Groups and forums such as Reddit.
If you’ve got time on your hands and none of the other methods worked for you, then you can go ahead and give this one a try!
This is your last resort because it costs time, a lot of time, and patience.
There is a large number of Facebook Groups in the nature of “Are we dating the same guy?”
On the other hand, there are also subreddits on Reddit dedicated to online dating and dating apps.
People post their profiles or other people’s profiles when they come across dating apps.
It’s a play of odds, but people found out they’ve been cheated on by accident on such Facebook Groups and subreddits in actuality.
Here’s a list of Facebook groups and Reddit subreddits that can come in handy:
- Are we dating the same guy? NYC – Facebook Group;
- Are we dating the same girl? – Facebook Group;
- Are we dating the same person? – Facebook Group;
- r/Tinder – Reddit Subreddit;
- r/HingeApp – Reddit Subreddit;
Take it one step at a time…
The information can be overwhelming, hence it’s best that you take it one step at a time.
See what method suits you best, and go with that. If that doesn’t work out, go for another one.
A bit of patience, time, and skills are what it takes to make this work.
Best of luck!