A partner, or just anyone?
You’re curious, you’re doubting, or you’re seeking… The main question here is how do you actually find out if someone is on Tinder!
Tinder has over 75 million users – It is one of the apps that doesn’t need any introduction or explanation when its name is mentioned.
Unlike most apps or social media, you cannot search for a person on Tinder, nor see the last time they’ve been active.
However, there are a lot of stealthy ways to know if a person has been using Tinder. Ready to explore them?!
One of the quick ways to check if someone has a Tinder profile is to complete the form below:
Now, as promised, here are the 9 stealthy ways to know if someone is on Tinder!
1. Simply asking your partner whether they're on Tinder is a free way to find out.
You want to see if someone is on Tinder, and that someone happens to be your partner. The first and righteous thing to do here is to talk to them directly.
Romantic relationships are healthy when built upon trust, and genuine communication.
I know it is easier said than done, but I’d highly suggest you take the courage and just ask them:
- “Look, I know our relationship has been rocky recently, and I understand the outcome it may have on us. I think I saw a Tinder notification on your phone. Would you mind talking about this?”
- “I don’t want to accuse you nor put you in a bad position. I’m having some doubts and I’d appreciate it if you’d talk me out of them. Are you on Tinder?”
- “I think I saw a Tinder notification on your phone. Can we talk about this?”
It’s difficult, and I know the lump in your throat you may be feeling just by the thought of asking your partner one of these questions, but you’ll sleep better at night.
This is a good chance to observe your partner’s reaction which can tell you a lot about the truth behind what they’re saying.
If they tell you they’re not, and you still have doubt whether they told you the truth or not, you can try the other methods.
2. Finding Tinder profiles for free: Search their name next to “site:tinder.com” on Google.
Ah, we’ve made it to one of the easiest ways to check if someone is on Tinder! There’s even more good news, it’s completely free!
It’s quite mind-blowing how this method is just out there. And no, this is not just something you’re told to do without any testing whatsoever.
This is tested, proven, and genuine. All you need is Google! Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to Google,
- Type site:tinder.com [name] on the search bar; For example, site:tinder.com ben
- Click each link until you find the profile. Don’t forget to have a look at the other pages of Google since more results can appear there as well.
- Check what the results for the same search are on Google Images since you might find something you wouldn’t with a general Google search.
If that wasn’t enough for you, there’s another trick. Although slightly complicated and less likely to find you the exact person, you can give this a try!
Now it’s time to give it a try with a Tinder URL. If it sounds complicated, it isn’t. Hear me out!
- Open a new tab,
- Type tinder.com/@username; For example, tinder.com/@benwindle
The process itself isn’t as complicated. The complicated part lies in the guess for their username. Searching their name alone isn’t enough.
So, take your best guess at what this person’s Tinder username might be, and look it up. It’s free!
3. Use search websites to look up their name or email on Tinder.
Okay, the road to finding out if someone has a Tinder profile isn’t so smoothly paved if the first free methods don’t work out.
If you want a direct answer, an in-depth search on Tinder, without bothering yourself too much to register on Tinder, you have to pay for search services.
They work pretty much like a Tinder checker.
There are plenty of them on the internet. The trick is to find the ones that work!
Here are some search sites that can be helpful on your search journey on Tinder:
None of the listed above is free, but the results are super accurate anywhere in the world, plus you don’t need a Tinder account to find the person you’re looking for.
You just have to assume the name/nickname they used on their profile, you have to write the age and the location where you think they last used Tinder, and you’re good to go!
4. Find out someone is on Tinder by sneak peeking at their phone notifications.
This is a no-brainer, but it’s a must to be mentioned when it comes to finding out if someone has a Tinder.
Whether they’re your partner, friend, date, family member, or someone you just met. This is one of the easiest ways to find out for free!
You can tell someone is on Tinder if they receive notifications from Tinder. Simple as that.
You’ll need luck to be on your side though! This person can turn their notifications off, or just use Tinder from the web instead of installing the app.
Nevertheless, having a sneak peek at their phone when it buzzes with a notification won’t hurt, right?
- If there’s the Tinder icon on the notification, they are using Tinder or at the very least they have Tinder installed on their phone.
5. Figuring out someone’s on Tinder through a friend.
This one is also free unless your friend asks you to pay them for this favor.
It works perfectly especially if you want to search on Tinder without an account.
How does this work, you may ask!
Well, if a friend of yours has a Tinder account, then they’re likely to see your partner or who you’re trying to find on Tinder when swiping.
- They get a screenshot or send you the link to their profile.
- You can go through profiles together and see if you can find your person on Tinder.
- If your friend is a super good friend, they can also adjust their Tinder preferences according to the person you’re looking for. It’s an option.
Here are the steps to share a Tinder profile with others:
6. Consider having a look at their social media.
Another way to find out if someone has a Tinder profile for free is by having a look at this person’s social media.
Tinder allows you to connect your social media with your profile. One of the most common ones is Facebook.
The trick here is that if that person doesn’t pay much attention to such things, the fact that their Tinder is connected to their Facebook might appear on their Facebook profile.
You, on the other hand, can take advantage of this and check it out!
- You cannot find out if someone is on Tinder through Facebook unless the Tinder app is visible in their Facebook account (friends/public can see that they’ve got Tinder connected to their Facebook).
It won’t cost you a thing. Simply visit their Facebook profile and dig what you can!
7. The most toxic method of them all: check their phone.
We’ve arrived at the most toxic method yet the most direct one yet to see if someone has Tinder.
Technically, this is super simple. But morally, it’s slightly heavy for your conscience.
You’re essentially violating another person’s privacy by checking their phone without their permission. It’s a hard burden to carry with your conscience.
If you’re nevertheless determined to do this, here’s how it’s done:
- Grab their phone or computer when they’re not around,
- Look for the Tinder app in their installed app,
- Go to their email and see if they have any recent notifications from Tinder,
- Check their browsing history and look for “tinder.com”
- Look for verification codes on their messages.
8. Try starting a Tinder account with their phone number or email.
This is yet another sneaky method that not many know about. And speaking frankly, not many are willing to try it out.
The reason for the latter is because it’s a bit risky if you get caught in the process.
- Take their SIM card from their phone, and put it in your phone;
- Go to tinder.com on your computer, or install Tinder on your phone;
- Tap/click ‘Create Account’;
- Enter their phone number;
- Receive the verification code on your phone;
- See if there’s already an account with their number or if Tinder is guiding you to create an account. If it’s the former, they have a Tinder account.
Now you know why not many people rely on this method to see if someone has a Tinder account.
Although it’s quite easy and reliable, it’s super risky and it can put you in big trouble. Nevertheless, the choice is yours!
9. Create your own Tinder account and turn ‘Friends of Friends’ on.
Here’s to another method that can jeopardize your relationship!
Well, if you’re looking for your partner, it can cause you trouble. But if it’s someone that’s not your partner, this is going to be pretty easy.
You want to start off by installing Tinder or going to tinder.com, and you’ll have to proceed from there. Here are the detailed steps:
- Create your (preferably, fake) account,
- Adjust your preferences according to the person you’re looking for,
- Put the same interests as that person’s interests (this way you trick the algorithm into seeing you as potential matches hence showing you to one another),
- Turn on the Friends of Friends,
- Start swiping until you find them!
Now, a little bit of explanation about the Friends of Friends! This is how Tinder lets you see if you know someone in common.
This will require you to sync your contacts so that Tinder recommends you people you share mutual connections with.
If you and this person have at least one same contact on your contact lists, and this person also has this feature on, you’ll see each other very soon on Tinder!
If this person doesn't want to be found by you on Tinder, they can avoid it!
During the process of seeing if someone is on Tinder, there are some things you need to consider before you proceed.
For example, making an account on Tinder to find this person – if you’re in a relationship with them – can jeopardize your relationship.
Since we’re all aware of this, it seems that there are plenty of ways to avoid getting caught. Here:
– Tinder gives you the option to block people from your contact list to your Tinder account.
This way, if this person wants to avoid you on Tinder, they can do it easily with this feature!
Settings > block contacts > permit Tinder to access your contacts > select people you wouldn’t like to see on Tinder.
Now in this case you can get a fake Tinder number to solve this problem if you know they (whoever they are) would do this to avoid seeing you on Tinder.
– They can use Tinder and still be invisible.
Tinder has the option to turn off the “show me on Tinder” (which you’ll find in the settings).
It allows you to chat with your matches, and the people you liked to see you, but you will not be shown to other people, nor other people will be shown to you.
– They can use a fake phone number for Tinder.
If you try finding out if this person’s on Tinder, then you have to consider the possibility of them using a fake phone number.
Say, you try logging in as them on Tinder by phone number. If they were using a fake phone number, that method would prove them innocent.
What indicates that a person is active on Tinder? – How to know exactly if someone is active on Tinder?
How to know if someone uses Tinder? This is a bit of a complicated case.
If they stop using their Tinder without deactivating their account
- their location will stay just the same as it was, their pictures, bio, and everything will stay still.
There is no way to know the last time someone was active on Tinder, however, the green dot (recently active) lets you know that someone was active within 24 hours.
We recommend using SocialCatfish, it always guarantees to find out the person you are looking for.
There are numerous other ways through which you can tell if someone is active on Tinder. That means, yes, you can actually tell if a person is active on the app or not.
Here are 3 ways to know if someone is active on Tinder:
– Update of Location.
The miles/kilometers keep changing depending on where they change location from time to time.
If inactive on Tinder, the location on the profile doesn’t change because Tinder picks up your location only when active on Tinder.
– Recently Active Status (green dot).
You can see someone is active on Tinder by checking the green dot along with “recently active” on their profile – it means they’ve been active in the last 24 hours; which does not mean that they’re online at the moment.
If the person you’re looking for chooses to not have the green dot on their profile, then it won’t appear on their profile even if they’re active.
– Updates of profile.
You can tell if someone is active on Tinder, if they have their profile updated.
It could be that they put a new/different bio from the last time you saw their profile or, a new profile picture for which you know has been taken recently.
How to find out when a Tinder account was created?
Since you cannot see how long someone has been on Tinder, there’s a way to find out when this person created their Tinder account.
If this person is your partner, you can check out their phone. I know, it’s not genuine but it can work.
Tinder sends an SMS verification code each time you log in on Tinder, including the first time you register on Tinder.
If your partner hasn’t deleted those Tinder SMS verification codes from their phone, you can find out when they created their Tinder account.
Scroll to the earliest message, look at the date, and there you have it!
At the moment, this and asking the person are the only methods to find out when a Tinder account was created.
Until something more specific comes out, stay safe!