Finding whether someone is on dating sites can be easy work or a complex process to go through.
It all depends on the person you’re looking for and your connection with that person.
It’d be very easy if each dating app had a search bar in which you could search names, right?
Unfortunately, you can’t search people on Hinge since it doesn’t have such a search bar, hence directly searching someone’s name on the app can’t be done.
That being said, you can’t search or look people up on Hinge directly.
However, there are plenty of ways to search for someone on Hinge.
Essentially, you’ll be using extra help from external sources or the app itself to find the person you’re looking for on Hinge.
This means that, yes, you can find out if someone is on Hinge. Here are the most clever ways to find Hinge profiles!
1. Have your own (preferably, fake) Hinge account opened.
One of the most effective ways to find someone on Hinge is to create your own account.
Moreover, this method is entirely free!
Here are the steps:
- Download the app on your phone (it doesn’t work on the web or desktop);
- Start creating your account by giving your phone number (or a burner number for Hinge);
- Then, go on and put in the rest of the mandatory details, and figure out whether you want to put in the optional ones;
- Then adjust your Dating Preferences accordingly to the person you have in mind, eventually, the person you have in mind will appear on your feed.
This is only effective if the person is active on Hinge, which, since you’re already determined to find their Hinge profile, could be the case/
Now, this method is free, but it costs you time.
You don’t know if this person is using the app for sure, so you’re essentially putting yourself on a search for someone on an app being used by millions.
That, however, doesn’t have to be discouraging for you.
If you adjust the preferences correctly, and the person doesn’t skip your profile, you might just find their Hinge profile!
2. Search someone on Hinge by their name, phone number, or email.
Third-party apps are known for their services and what they offer regarding dating app searches.
They do cost money, but they’re not for free, and that’s a downside.
The upsides of third-party apps, however, are that they work fast and give you instant results on what you’re looking for.
There is no such thing as a Hinge profile finder, but with the help of these apps, there are things you can manage to do about it.
Since you can’t search for someone on Hinge directly, this is an alternative option to search for a person on Hinge.
All it takes is to write down their name and one simple search!
This can be great if you’re trying to find someone on Hinge again, or plainly do a Hinge profile search.
Third-party apps make it very easy to find out if someone has a dating profile. How do you know which one to use though?
Here’s a list of third-party apps that can help you search and find can you search for someone on Hinge:
Some of these cost more, and some cost a bit less. Though they’ll help you do that Hinge profile search.
You can check their websites and see what would suit you best. I do, however, recommend Socialcatfish better than the rest.
3. People you trust can help you find someone on Hinge.
You’re looking for someone specific on Hinge, and this is a free method that often works out for a lot of people.
Perhaps you’re looking for someone you unmatched, your partner, or a particular person you’re interested in, the point is, a friend (or two) can help – here’s how!
- Let them know about the person you’re looking for: their name, how they look.
- Ask your friend(s) to let you know when they stumble upon that person’s profile.
You can ask your friend(s) to screenshot the Hinge profile of the person you’re looking for and send it to you.
That way, if you’re looking to contact them again, you can have your own account opened and swipe until you find them now that you know they’re using the app for sure.
This is often useful when you’re looking for your partner on Hinge. This way, when you address the issue you’ll have ‘evidence’ to back up what you’re saying.
Unfortunately, Hinge no longer has the option of sharing profiles, but it’s a way to know if that person is or isn’t using the app.
So a screenshot of their profile is the only way you’ll have a glimpse of this person’s Hinge profile!
4. Look their images up on TinEye.
This one is likely to not work as much, however, it’s worth giving it a shot since it’s completely free.
If you’re lucky enough, you can as well find someone’s Hinge profile through TinEye!
The odds are extremely low, but it won’t cost you anything to give it a try. Who knows, maybe it’ll work out for you.
- Go to TinEye.
- Upload a picture of the person you’re trying to find on Hinge.
- And go through the results to see if anything related comes up.
How to find out if someone has a Hinge account – Checking if someone is on Hinge without complicated methods.
You can find someone on Hinge with the right amount of effort and skill.
Whether this person is your partner or just someone you’re curious to know whether they’re using it, there are ways to check if they’re on Hinge.
So, how do you figure out if someone is using Hinge?
Here are 4 solid ways to find out if someone is on Hinge!
– Take a look at their notifications.
One of the easiest ways to know if someone is on Hinge is to take a look at their notifications.
If you spend time with this person, I’m sure they keep their phone around. Having a peek at their notifications can be easily done if they’re not around.
This can be especially useful if you don’t know the passcode of their phone.
– Try creating an account with their phone number.
A lot of dating apps will notify you if a number is already taken while you’re trying to create a new account.
This is a risky way to see if someone is on Hinge since you’ll need this person’s phone around you when they’re not around.
On a second note, you’ll also need to know their passcode to remove any notification Hinge might send them.
– Go through their phone.
This is a toxic way to find out if someone has a Hinge account. However, out of all the other methods it proves to be the most effective.
It’s simple if they have Hinge installed on their phone, then they’re most likely using it.
Once you get a hold of their phone you want to
- Look for the Hinge app installed,
- Texts with verification codes sent from Hinge,
- Check secure folders if they’ve got Hinge there,
- Screenshots of Hinge profiles saved on their phone,
- App download history.
Side note: There’s no need to look at their browsing history since Hinge isn’t available through the web or desktop.
– Ask them directly.
If they’re your partner and you're having your doubts regarding their activity online, then you can ask them directly.
Here are some examples:
- “I think I saw a Hinge notification on your phone, do you mind if we check it really quick?”
- “I’m in need of reassurance today. I’m starting to think you’re using Hinge again. Can we check it right now?”
- “Listen, I love you dearly but I’m suspecting you’re on Hinge again. Would it be okay if we went through your phone together?”
Depending on their answer to your request you can have an idea of whether they’re telling you the truth or not.
How to find someone from Hinge on Instagram?
Finding someone’s Instagram from Hinge isn’t as difficult as portrayed.
Now we’ve got a bit of a reversed situation here. The first case was finding a person you know on Hinge.
Now, we want to find a person we know from Hinge, on other social media platforms, specifically, Instagram.
Well, I’ve got good news for you, because that’s yet another doable thing!
Here are some genius ways to find someone from Hinge on Instagram:
Look at their bio/profile, they might mention their Instagram there.
A lot of Hinge users put their social media on their profile as well, be it Facebook, Snapchat, or Instagram.
This is, in actuality, the easiest thing you can do.
Go to their profile before you try other ways that take more time.
Look for something like an Instagram username, or even phone number (yes, people do that too).
So, before you go on ‘advanced’ methods of finding their profile… Take a deep breath, and go to their profile.
Who knows, you might just find their Instagram on their Hinge profile, apparently, it’s a thing to let people know your socials on dating apps!
Reverse image search.
If you’re not familiar with what reverse image search is, I’ll tell you what it is and how it’s done exactly.
A reverse image search is a search done with a particular image so that you get similar images (or content of the image such as a person, a clothing item, etc) in the results.
What you can do in this case is
- go to the Hinge profile of the person you want to find on Instagram,
- screenshot the pictures that they have on their dating profile on Hinge,
- cut the screenshot so that you get the picture only instead of their entire profile on the screenshot,
- drag and drop the image(s) on Google Images or TinEye(or similar services).
You’ll be getting the results of similar pictures that are on the internet on social media that allow those pictures to be public.
Hopefully, they didn’t put their Linkedin picture on their Hinge profile! Either way, you’ve found something about this person, right?
Gather information about them and do a Google search.
A lot of people mention something extra on their Hinge profile.
It can be the university they went to, the city they live in, their profession, or even their workplace.
Any information could be helpful in this case.
Now, put your detective glasses on, because we’re going for a search!
- Go to Google and search for their name along with the information you’ve found about this person. For example, “Elena 28 Michigan;”
- Have a look at the results on Google and if you find both their name and last name, it’ll be easier for you to look them up on Instagram.
And at the end of the day, if not their Instagram, you might find another social media account of theirs!
Ask the person themselves if you matched with them.
Alright, now you might hesitate about this one, I know.
But, if you’re curious about their Instagram, it won’t hurt to ask them politely instead of finding them and appearing on their DM out of the blue, right?
Here are some things you can say to that person so that you get their Instagram and move it there from the app:
- “I’d love to catch up with you on Instagram.”
- “How about we move this to Instagram because it’s easier to use? I’m not a creeper, I promise!”
- “Is there any way I could contact you elsewhere, Instagram for example? I might be off this app soon, and I’d like to keep in touch with you.”
It’s as easy as that, honestly. This is the second easiest way, right after looking at their profile to see if they already stated their Instagram username!
You’ve got this!
FAQ – Finding someone on Hinge
1. Can you find someone on Hinge again after unmatching?
Unfortunately, you cannot see a Hinge profile again if you are unmatched. You can, however, find them again if you open an entirely new Hinge account.
2. Will someone reappear on Hinge?
If you stick around the app long enough, Hinge will show you the profiles of people you skipped.
If you accidentally hit x on a profile you liked, there are chances for that profile to reappear on your feed.
So, yes, if you haven’t matched and unmatched with that person already, profiles can reappear on Hinge.
3. How to know if someone deleted their Hinge account?
There are some clues through which you can know if someone deleted their Hinge account:
- They disappear from your chat;
- You can’t find their profile;
- Their profile doesn’t show even if you open an entirely new Hinge account;
You can know someone deleted their Hinge account if you can’t find them in the list of your matches, they disappear from your chats, and you can’t seem to find their profile despite having an entirely new Hinge account.
4. Does your Hinge profile stay active after deleting the app?
Your Hinge profile might stay active for a while until Hinge gets the clue that you’re no longer using it.
For your Hinge profile not to be active, you should delete your Hinge account.
5. Does Hinge show inactive profiles?
Hinge shows inactive profiles for a very short while. Once it’s certain that those profiles are no longer being used, Hinge will no longer show them to its users.
6. Does Hinge have an active status?
Yes, Hinge does have an active status: the ‘Active Today’ and the ‘Active Now’ status.
7. What if you see someone you know on Hinge?
If you see someone you know on Hinge you can either like their profile or skip it. It entirely depends on you and the connection you’ve got with that person.
If they’re someone you’d like to have a particular connection with, then you can go ahead and like their profile to see if you match.
Who knows, it might just lead to something beautiful!
On the other hand, if that person isn’t someone you’re interested in, you can simply skip their profile and move on with your experience on the app.
8. Can you find friends on Hinge?
Yes, you can find friends on Hinge. A relatively small number of dating app users also use the apps to find friends. Hinge is no exception.
Even if you go on a date and you don’t see any potential for the connection to turn romantic or sexual yet you like hanging out with that person, it can easily turn into a friendship.
So, yes, you absolutely can find friends on Hinge!
Best of luck,