To know how to talk to people on Tinder doesn’t mean that you need to own it or your match.
The more effort, and more you push yourself to say or do the right things, the more difficulties will come.
How to keep the conversation going on Tinder? You need to remind yourself about basic fundamentals.
These fundamentals are a great opening line, changing slightly the topic, and showing true self.
Avoid being generic. You just need to avoid small talk and show interest.
In general, if women are interested to continue the conversations their answers won’t be dry.
You just need to show interest, be flirty, and catch them by surprise.
To continue the conversation on Tinder, it doesn’t need any special formula.
You just need to give them something unexpected but without crossing any boundaries.
Here are 11 tips on how to keep a conversation going on Tinder:
1. Start the conversation strongly
To come up with the first original text you need to put yourself in their shows.
What triggers a woman to answer doesn’t work the same for men.
To know how to keep a conversation going on Tinder you should have a great opening line.
It all depends on how you begin the conversation. Tease them something very subtle that will trigger them to reply.
- How dare you match with me but not introduce yourself?
- I think you forgot how to press send…
Don’t put pressure on them or bombard them with a lot of questions.
Think like you’re having this conversation in person.
This means that you should behave how you would approach someone in IRL if you are interested in them.
2. Be vulnerable to a certain extent
To be able to keep a conversation going on Tinder you need to find your balance.
Avoid being too soft or too agressive because that’s when they start to lose interest.
If you are constantly compassionate and just too kind, they would friendzone you immediately.
Or they would take you for granted.
You can avoid it by being friendly, kind, direct, and flirty at the same time.
Let them know something unique about you but give them a space to interact with it.
Make them feel special, unique, comfortable, and feel heard.
Share a silly story about your childhood and let them connect with this story.
3. Show that you are friendly and approachable
You can carry on a conversation on Tinder while showing that you’re friendly without being boring.
You can use cheesy lines or a few jokes to show compassion or interest and still be interesting.
Listen intently to what they are saying and here and there you might give your opinion or advice.
You can make the match feel good by making a few assumptions about them.
- You told me that you like to dance. I am sure you listen to a lot of electronic music.
- The most important thing is to pull out a detail from what they are saying and put them on a pedestal.
If they are eager to get to know you more and like you, they will keep continuing the conversation.
4. Avoid asking close-ended questions
By asking close-ended questions you don’t give your match a chance to say something interesting.
A closed question can only provide you with short answers or no answer at all.
If you do it, you will be the only one insisting and writing.
That’s why your match won’t answer because nothing is interesting to reply to or talk about.
- Since you are a doctor. If you had one last day to live what would you do? C’mon get creative.
- You sure do love helping others. What is your wildest story while working there?
You just need to read between the lines of what the other person is telling you.
Use it to tell more about yourself and learn about them more.
5. Start talking about a new topic
As soon as you talk about one thing and even if it’s going well don’t drag it.
Since there will be a moment that the conversation will run dry and then they won’t know how to answer or to react.
Take the lead in the conversation but leave them also some space to go talk about their experience or change the subject.
You will notice it immediately.
If you have been talking about music and you learned which is their favorite band, genre, or concert is time to move on.
To choose the next topic, get ready to priorly think of something as you are chatting.
Try to connect this with something that you have talked about earlier so you won’t waste any time.
6. Get ready to connect emotionally
If you want to continue with the conversation you need to upgrade it.
It’s all good when it’s lighthearted conversation and fun but sometimes you need something more to continue.
It’s important to avoid small talk and let one another get involved more in each other’s story.
I do not recommend asking this right after the opening line but make sure that you do it a little later.
As soon as you get to know something about one another is time to elevate it.
If you keep just talking about the same thing or being just funny all the time, that will be boring.
Tinder is a dating app where people might be talking to a lot of people.
You need to be a step ahead if you want to continue the conversation.
Of course, this will work out if they have the same intentions as you.
7. Find common interests
To carry on a conversation on Tinder you need to find your similarities and differences.
You can do it by asking them about their preferences and likes.
You can ask them about their favorite meal, time of the day, sports, movies, or anything that will create a new topic.
Once you find similar interests, you will notice that the conversation won’t be dull.
If they like Marvel movies then you might ask which one is the most important to them.
From there then you can carry on the conversation and give your opinions or your preferences.
The best thing about common interests is that you will have small details that will create a new topic.
8. Make statements instead of just asking questions
If you keep constantly asking questions that will make them feel like they are being interviewed.
Instead of doing it, you can make statements that will underly your question.
Even Mark Manson stated that instead of asking questions you should make statements. This will make you look more confident.
Instead of saying “Do you like camping or going outdoors? you might say something like:
“You seem like a fun person who would enjoy the outdoors so much.”
These statements are like a type of assumption.
You can either tease them all the way or give them some space to answer.
9. Focus on building attraction
One of the Tinder conversation tips is knowing how to build attraction.
Okay, you can start the conversation and be simple but to make it continue you need to build attraction.
You can build attraction online by being yourself first.
- Show compassion;
- Be funny and flirty;
- Ask their opinion about any topic;
- Ask for their advice;
- Be bold
- Show your boundaries;
- Make decisions;
What attracts your match to continue a conversation other than just an opening line is showing your true colors.
10. Ask for their social media
Now it’s time to make a drastic change. Talking about each other and creating a connection is fun for some time.
You cannot keep the conversation going if you are stuck only talking on Tinder.
If you have been talking at least for a month, you should ask them about their Instagram, Facebook, or Whatsapp.
Especially, women get bored when you don’t make changes or anything going from Tinder to another app.
You might say something: I like talking to you but I don’t do much Tinder. Should we carry our conversations to another social media?”
If she is interested in you then she will do it and continue talking to you.
Someone might say that they are not ready to carry the conversation to another app.
Hence, a month is a lot to know each other and not connect on any other social media.
If you need help finding them prior on social media, you might take a glance at this article!
11. Be outstanding: Ask them out
Other than asking for their social media, you should ask them out.
Do it with charm and do not sound like you want to meet them just to exploit them.
Don’t be that Tinder guy that will be stuck only on this app because the conversation will get dry.
You might say that “We’re vibing for a while now and I would like to tease one another face to face.”
You can use any detail from your earlier conversation, to let them know that you’re interested in them.
Don’t hesitate to try this because after a few conversations things will get boring.
You will either meet them or not. At least, you won’t lose your time and move on to another match.
30 unique questions to keep your Tinder convo going
Questions to ask on tinder to keep the conversation going are different from the opening lines.
These questions should be well thought out because you need to trigger them to connect more with you.
Here are 30 examples that you can copy and paste and use according to your situation!
1. Which comedian do you think would describe best your life?
2. Which song would you choose to listen to your whole life?
3. If you could choose right now to transport yourself right now, where it would be?
4. You seemtravelingtravelling. Where would you like to go next?
5. I like to eat comfort food whenever I feel down.
6. No kidding. Why would you even do that?
7. Your dog is cute. But why you aren’t a cat man?
8. Chewing loudly is one of my pet peeves. Do you have any?
9. Movie night or concert?
10. If you could meet me right now, where it would be?
11. Name a movie that we could have watched right now together.
12. I like that you’re into science. Which planet would you choose to live?
13. You seem to have a bubbly personality. Have you ever asked a guy out first?
14. I had my first crush when I was 12. Go… it’s your turn now.
15. Have you ever trolled anyone online until now?
16. Do you have your dream job now?
17. Name three weird foods and which one of them would you have eaten?
18. What would you change on Tinder, if you designed the app?
19. Would you date a guy who likes to sleep with stuffed animals or one who snores?
20. What is the most awkward experience in your life?
21. What’s the worst fashion phase that you had?
22. What’s something that you want to experience but never did?
23. What’s the most important thing in your life besides work and family?
24. What would make the happiest person right
25. Would you rather run a mile or swim for 20 minutes straight?
26. If you would have chosen to live right now, Europe or Asia?
27. Beach or Mountains?
28. With who would you like to backpack travel right now?
29. That sounds fun, what would you like to do this weekend?
30. You do like watching movies. Have you ever tried an outdoor cinema?
The end: How not to be boring on Tinder?
To not be boring on Tinder, I suggest you keep the conversation short and simple.
Tinder is a dating app and things can be thrilling for a certain period.
You don’t need to drag the conversation. What you need to do is to be straightforward and flirty.
You need to keep it in motion because they will be probably talking to at least ten other people.
If you don’t move quickly, even if they are interested in you, they will be bored.
You just need to create your unique style. Don’t use too many emojis or GIFs.
Be yourself and let the conversation flow.