There is no one perfect question to get a girl’s attention on Tinder.
Not every woman likes to be asked deep questions immediately and all of them aren’t intrigued by the same questions.
A woman might hate small talk but might not be ready to be vulnerable in an instant.
All you need is to make an open-ended question so the conversation will start.
The most important thing is to not make it look like an interrogation.
You just need to ask your match casual questions and imagine as you've just met in real life.
The more you overthink what you’re going to say, the more disingenuous you will sound.
All you need is to balance your questions between being funny, and witty.
Here are 50 unique questions to ask on Tinder:
Disclaimer: These questions belong to different categories and can be used either as an opening line or to carry the convo.
- Heartfelt questions.
- Funny questions.
- Questions about their profile or bio.
- Questions that allow her to talk about herself.
- The weirdest/best questions.
- Witty/intelligent questions.
1. Would you share with me your favorite story?
One of the most important questions, you need to trigger her so she can answer back.
It can be anything. From something that she has experienced or something that she has heard of.
It’s important to remember that based on the questions you make, you can decipher if she is a good match.
2. Do you believe in love at first connection?
Women love to play with words, so here is your chance.
You can ask a deep question but not make it feel like you’re attacking or interrogating her.
As known, the phrase is “Do you believe in love at first sight?”
Yet, since you’re just getting to talk only online, you can use the word connection.
At the same time, you will be playful and get to know what she thinks about dating, relationships, and love.
3. What do you like the most about your family?
When you make this type of question it might seem that you’re being too personal.
On the contrary, it’s heartfelt and it will help you know more if she has the same priorities as you.
4. If your younger self would see you right now what would they think?
Asking this, you will be able to see how she reflects on herself.
You will notice the way she connects the present with the past.
5. What would it take for someone to get you out of Tinder?
With this question, you state that you’re interested in her and want to date her.
Other than this, you would break down their personality and reason for joining Tinder.
Some women might join Tinder just to get attention while others do it to get into a relationship.
This is why when you make this type of question, you give her a chance to express herself.
6. Have you ever had a nickname?
This one is quite simple and it doesn’t take too much to think to reply.
7. What would you do if I sang happy birthday to you with a group of mariachis?
If you want to trigger her with your questions then use something that she might not accept.
Catching her by surprise will make her answer or even continue the conversation.
8. Wanna hear about the best pickup line ever?
The moment that she matches with you wants to hear something interesting.
Every other guy will ask her random question but you will be outstanding while using some funny phrases.
9. You’re on an island, pick three things. Water, Pasta, Me, Suncream, or Wine?
You can add any item that you want and make it fun.
She will either answer with a funny answer or tease you even further.
When she wants to continue the conversation then she will tease you to get your answer too.
10. Would it be the weirdest dream if I dream about our future together?
This one takes more courage than other questions but hey you want to impress her right?
11. Do you still believe in Santa Claus, cuz’ I am ready to make your wishes come true.
You can add a little extra flavor to your questions while being funny and teasing her.
This one for sure will catch her eye and it will get you an answer.
12. Are you looking for someone to fix you? Then you can call me James the builder.
This is quite fun and you will ask her indirectly why she joined Tinder and what she’s looking for.
Be prepared that some women might not like you to be the one who can “fix” them or make them better.
In this case, if she is an alpha female then her masculine side might prevent her from answering or interacting.
13. Who looks better me or Ryan Reynolds?
To make a funny question, you might take any celebrity and yourself and make a funny comparison.
You will learn a lot about her from the way she chooses to answer.
14. Would it be perfect for a weekend in Paris or a day with me in London?
You can challenge her a bit.
For activities, you can choose anything that you like or could do with her according to her bio.
15. Would you give me your number or your fake number?
One way to let her know that you’re interested in her is by indirectly telling her this question.
She might be or not be honest with her answer but at least you will know what she thinks.
16. You’ve been to Europe but have you tried the fish and chips that I make?
Using this type of question, you can be funny, and playful and show your cooking skills.
17. What do you think, you and me, Arctic Monkeys concert soon?
If she likes any type of music, band, or movie, tease her a little bit about it.
You will give her a chance to tell more about herself and you will put her on a pedestal.
18. You like pizza, but do you like me as much as that?
Teasing is the key to her heart. Choose anything that you notice from their bio or photos and let’s go.
19. You are climbing that mountain like a pro. Would you climb my heart the same way?
It depends on her personality and her preferences but she might like compliments and be teased.
20. Would you like to dance with me?
If she likes dancing or has a lot of pictures dancing you can use it as a hook.
21. How can you describe your experience in Jamaica?
Be interested to know more about her. Curiosity is a great value for someone that likes to know their match.
22. Would you ride or die with me?
Puns are quite interesting and can catch anyone's attention.
If she likes going outdoors and riding a bike then you can use this question.
23. If you’re sad would you rather disappear from the world or listen to one song all week?
If you want to know more about her then you should avoid the question Tell me more about yourself.
Challenge her a bit and give some options that will let her talk about herself.
24. Outdoors or watching movies under the blanket?
It’s quite simple but it’s a lighthearted question and will let you know more about her preferences.
25. Who do you think that I find more cute, your dog or you?
This one is flirty and funny so you can get her to reply.
26. Which one would you rather do right now: Swim, listen to music, or eat?
Check how she feels at the moment. Most of the time simple questions can bring the greatest answers.
27. Which is your perfect location to have the best day of your life?
You might notice that she travels a lot or likes to travel shortly.
Ask her which place would make her feel fulfilled.
28. If you would make a movie about your life, how would you call it?
If she is into art or a filmmaker then making this question, you will have a lot to talk to.
29. Alligators or sharks? There is no wrong answer to this…
Being weird and yourself isn’t bad. Use it to get her attention.
30. How many doughnuts do you think I can fit in my mouth?
Sometimes the best way to get her attention is to use your man energy. Be yourself.
31. Let’s guess my life is a conspiracy theory, how would you describe me?
Make her think a little bit. If she is creative too then she will come up with an interesting question.
It’s interesting to see how she will describe you based on your profile or if you have been talking for a bit.
32. Would you eat another human on a lonely island to save other people?
This is one of the weirdest but best questions. If she likes to be challenged and to have fun, this question will get her attention.
33. Where would you want to be in an hour?
An interesting question for girls that like to be spontaneous and like to use their imagination.
34. What’s your quirkiest trait?
Everyone is quirky in their way. In this case, you give her the chance to express herself.
If you feel that she won’t be ready to share her quirky trait first then add yours first and wait for her answer.
35. If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be?
With these types of questions, you’re going to tease her a little bit and see how she replies.
The way she responds will let you know more about her personality and her preferences.
37. If animals were the same size, which one would win the fight?
This one answer is funny and interesting. It beats other questions that she might get daily on Tinder.
38. Do you think I would look better bald?
Honesty always wins. Being funny and open will get her attention.
39. If you would choose one ringtone to define your life right now, which one would be?
Come on. Everyone has already thought of this at least once in their life.
So, asking her this will make her go through some past and present events to choose the right one.
40. Under the mistletoe or the beach? Choose your favorite place to kiss…
To be flirty and sexual doesn’t mean that you should scare her away with your comments.
A cute and flirty question like this will make her give you an answer.
41. If I could take you out right now where would that be?
This one is straightforward and playful.
You will get to know if she would like to know you more and what she likes and dislikes.
42. Are you made of fire because looking at your profile just made my phone burst?
Be funny and flirty at the same time, you will get her attention in a blink of an eye.
43. What’s your love language?
Instead of asking her a whole equation, you can ask what is her love language.
Based on her love language you will get to understand a lot of what she is offering and lacking.
You can be flirty and smart at the same time while asking questions on Tinder.
Just try to not sound super smart and confuse her.
Before stating any fact or making any witty question know that not everyone knows the things that you do.
Be smart but make it easy and simple to understand.
You should take these examples but please make sure that you weave them into the conversation.
You don’t need to bombard her with all questions immediately. Take it one step at a time.
44. What’s your favorite novel right now?
If you like to read and notice that she has a passion for books then use that as a hint to talk to her.
45. Where do you see yourself in two years?
This will help you to know if she has a plan for her life or if she is currently uncertain.
46. If you would choose between happiness and living forever, which one would you choose?
Get to know what makes her happy and what she defines as happiness or being fulfilled.
47. What do you like the most about your profession?
Some women like to talk about their profession and what keeps their passion alive.
48. If there was one author that you would meet, which one would be?
Everyone who reads has thought about this question at least once in their life.
If she is a bookworm then boom, you will have an instant reply.
49. What do you like about yourself the most?
Get deep and let her express herself.
50. What is your life motto?
Whenever one feels down or not have a life motto that keeps them going. She must have one and would like to share it with you.
Worst questions to ask on Tinder…
Sometimes trying to impress her on dating apps can lead you to craft some questions that will make her feel uncomfortable.
Here are the top 5 questions you should avoid making on Tinder:
1. You’re quite hot, why are you still single?
You should never ask directly why she is single. That will be a little bit harsh and awkward for her.
Instead, you might ask her what is she looking for in a partner.
This will let you know more about her and if you have those traits since you have matched with one another.
Since on Bumble you can’t do this, Tinder lets you be creative with the first opening line and direct the conversation.
2. Do you want to have children in the future?
This question is personal and might make her feel uncomfortable and mad.
You don’t know her and how she thinks or how she sees the future.
Instead of asking this question, you might ask her where she sees herself in two or five years.
Also, you cannot use this as an opening line because it will not get you an answer.
She doesn’t know you at all to tell you her plans.
3. What is your favorite sex position?
This is one of the dangerous questions to ask and use it as an opener on Tinder.
This is something personal that most women wouldn’t like to answer.
Instead of asking that, try to be flirty and get connected to them emotionally first.
When you set your relationship off Tinder then you might get to explore this side.
4. Are you seeing or talking to anyone else?
This is the question that will get you zero results.
She is using Tinder to date or meet someone knew. She might be talking on this app with other men too.
Other than this, you might ask them if they’re looking for a potential partner or just a fling.
Make it look funny even if it’s a serious question.
5. Hey, what are you looking for from this dating app?
You can ask this later on but not immediately. If you ask this directly then she will not answer at all.
Sometimes, women and men write on their bio if they are using this app for a hookup or relationship.
When she doesn’t do it then you might ask her later on but in the beginning, you need a question to get her attention.
The bottom line: Defining which questions to ask on Tinder..
There isn’t just one great question that will work with all women using Tinder.
This all depends on how she is feeling at the moment and on her personality.
If a girl likes funny questions that attract her attention, another girl might find it boring or annoying.
So, before shooting your shot, make sure to at least look at her profile.
Don’t keep overthinking about what to ask because you will end up with a mere question.
Instead, make a combination of all types of questions and choose the one that is suitable for your situation.
Best of luck,