No wonder you’re wondering if your partner is on Tinder!
Studies have shown that 42% of Tinder users are committed to someone (30% are married, 12% are in a relationship).
That being said, you could be looking for your partner, perhaps an ex, or someone you liked a lot on Tinder. Regardless…
You cannot search for a random person on Tinder, since there’s no search bar on the app that allows you to search for a specific person on Tinder.
The only search bar on Tinder is the one above your matches to search through them.
Even though there’s no search bar on Tinder, there's a search bar made by DatingZest: Tinder Profile Searcher.
It allows you to search for anyone by name on Tinder while maintaining your privacy!
You can search for anyone as long as you know their name, last name, and the city they live in.
The information has to be accurate: if you don’t know exactly how old they are or where they live, you can give an assumption and write an approximate age answer.
Here are 7 more options for you to find someone on Tinder easily and effectively!
1. Search a Tinder profile by name by typing ‘site:tinder.com their name’ on Google.
Using Google to search people on Tinder by name might not sound like the best idea, but you’d be surprised, trust me!
This is quite effective because you’re trying to search this profile by name specifically.
It’s free. No spam. No need to pay or give your details. All you need is Google for this one! Here’s how it goes:
- Type site:tinder.com their name
Now, I’ll give you an example so that you don’t search the exact same thing as I wrote above, and get lost on Google search results of Tinder profiles.
We made a tool that would be easier for you to find someone's specific Tinder profile, just write down their name and it will automatically search on google.
I used the name James because it’s pretty basic (sorry to all the James out there). This is what I’ll type on the search bar site:tinder.com james, now the results:
Keep in mind that you mustn’t search with a capital letter.
You can give it a try and find your James, Timothy, Laura, or any other name you’re looking for on Tinder.
Don’t forget to have a look at Google Images for the same search! You might find material for reverse image search.
2. Search them without opening an account: through Tinder URL by typing ‘tinder.com/@username’
Another register-proof method to search a person on Tinder! How do you do it?
Search for this person by looking their username up through Tinder’s URL. It can sound complicated so here’s everything, simplified.
- Open a new tab on your browser (it doesn’t matter which one it is),
- Type tinder.com/@username
- Give your best guesses for this person’s username. This is not the case when you search their name. This is about their username.
- You can add numbers, guess a nickname, or anything you think they could be using as a username on Tinder (e.g. johnny23).
Here’s an example:
I wrote tinder.com/@james, and it showed me this:
Now, in some cases, you have to add random numbers after the username. For example, tinder.com/@james32 showed me this:
You have to do your best to guess their username.
Their username could be related to their socials like Facebook or Instagram, so you want to guess as accurately as possible.
3. Open an account on Tinder to search for your person, if you don’t already have one.
This will be super helpful in your search process, especially if you already have an account. Thinking of opening a Tinder account to search for someone?
Let’s consider a few things together while we find your person on Tinder!
– Avoid using your phone number: they can block you on Tinder!
If a person doesn’t want to see you on Tinder, they can easily do that by connecting their contact list with Tinder and blocking you by using your phone number on the app.
You will still be able to call or text them via phone or other apps, your phone number will only be blocked on Tinder so that they prevent seeing you or vice versa.
This option is for free on Tinder. Hence, if they want to avoid you at all costs, they’re given the chance. But you can add a twist to this and find them on Tinder if they blocked your number!
Grab a fake phone number before you create your new Tinder account. This way:
- Your personal number won’t be involved in the process,
- They won’t be able to block you from finding their Tinder profile.
– Set your profile according to their preferences.
Ask yourself, what would they be looking for on Tinder?
If you manage to craft your profile according to their exact preferences, you will increase the odds of stumbling upon their profile way faster.
It’s how the Tinder algorithm works!
- Put similar interests to what they’re likely to put as their interests (e.g. hiking, climbing, or reading);
- Tell Tinder what you’re looking for according to this person’s preferences (e.g. if they’re looking for something short-term then so should you);
- Get the ‘more about me’ part right as well by putting details about yourself that would be a good match with this person.
– Set your preferences according to their profile.
Tinder algorithm targets potential matches easily by similar preferences.
If you match their description of their ideal partner, now they have to match yours. You can do that easily by adjusting your preferences in your settings.
Here’s how you do that! Open Tinder, go to settings, and on Discovery Settings you’ll see the below:
- Adjusting ‘Maximum Distance’. Set the miles depending on how close you think that person is in your area.
If they’re close to you then make a location preference up to that radius. Expand the distance if they live far from where you live.
- Using the Global feature. Allowing ‘global’ might be helpful only if they don’t live in the same country as you.
Otherwise, if the person you’re looking for lives near you, you won’t need the ‘global’ switch.
- Taking a look at ‘Show Me’. If they’re a man, you choose the option men. On the other hand, if they’re a woman, you choose the option women.
If you think that they’d change their gender for you to not find them, set the option to ‘everyone’.
- Adjusting the ‘Age Range’. Okay, now this is where you want to be careful.
If their age is 24, you can set the age range 23-24, or 24-25, to find them faster, and not spend too much time swiping 20-year-olds.
- Use Tinder Plus, or Tinder Gold to get the ‘Passport’ feature.
It’s like searching by location – This is handy if they live abroad and you know where they live. For instance, if they moved to Barcelona for a while, you get the ‘Passport’ feature and go to Barcelona with Tinder.
- Start swiping right on people who are similar to the person you’re looking for.
This way Tinder algorithm gets the idea of what you’re looking for on Tinder, hence it becomes more likely for their profile to show up sooner than later!
4. Use Swindlerbuster to search for your person on Tinder.
What we’ve talked about so far boils down to a few points,
- The search is easy if you’re using information such as name or username to find them on Tinder.
- If you’re trying to find this person through private information such as email or phone number, then you’ve got to turn to advanced methods!
Type their name or other information you know about them and tap search when you’re ready to get the results within a few minutes.
This will be your yes or no answer to your question.
5. You can also use Cheaterbuster.net to search without registering on Tinder.
Cheaterbuster.net is another easy and straightforward way to search and find a Tinder profile.
All you have to do is be careful and pay attention to the details when making a search since you’ll have to pay $9.99 for a search.
You put the information as accurately as possible and place the search, and you will be good to go.
- Go to cheaterbuster.net.
- Fill in the required information as accurately as possible.
- Make the payment and get the results.
6. A friend who already uses Tinder can help you out as well.
The best part of it is that it’s free and that you don’t have much work to do for this to work out!
All it takes is for you to let your friend know of the person you’re looking for, and simply ask that friend to let you know when they stumble upon that person’s profile.
Now, they can screenshot the profile and send those screenshots to you, or they can share the link to that profile with you.
7. Find this person on Tinder with the help of third-party apps!
Whether you want to find this person by phone number or email on Tinder, your one and only solution is third-party apps.
You can find a Tinder profile by phone number. However, just like searching a name or an image, searching for someone on Tinder by phone number is not a default feature of Tinder.
This means that if you’ve got a person in your mind and their phone number as well, you won’t be able to find them on Tinder because there’s no search bar on Tinder for that.
You can’t search someone on Tinder by phone number or other details, but third-party apps can do it for you. Here are your options:
- Swindlerbuster (as mentioned earlier);
- SocialCatfish’s phone number search bar;
- Spokeo Phone Search;
|It finds other general information too.
|You have to pay to get the information, which also might not be the one you’re looking for.
|It’s designed for Tinder searches.
|You can’t search by email or phone number.
You have to pay for the services.
|You can search by phone number, email, name, and address.
|Works in America only.
You have to pay for the information.
What to do if you find your partner on Tinder?
Finding out a harsh truth never finds you prepared! If you’re looking for your partner, and you find them on Tinder, you have to prepare mentally for it as well.
Here’s what you must consider if you find your partner on Tinder:
- Firstly, confirm they’re active on the app.
- Take your time to think and recollect yourself from the overwhelming emotions.
- Calmly talk to your partner to prevent them from getting defensive.
- Show your partner proof.
- Take your time to make a decision: stay to work things out or leave the relationship.
FAQ about finding someone on Tinder the right way!
Here are your most asked questions for finding people on Tinder!
Is it possible to find someone on Tinder again?
Yes, it is possible to find a person on Tinder again if you swiped left on them.
Tinder can eventually show their profile again once you run out of potential matches on your stack.
Unfortunately, you cannot find a person again on Tinder after unmatching. Unless one of you opens a new account and starts fresh on the app, you won’t see each other again.
Here’s what you can do about it:
- You can tell your friends to share the person’s profile with you if they happen to see it on the app or to search for that person on Tinder.
- You can search them on third-party apps.
- You can open a new account if nothing else works.
Can I find someone from Tinder on Instagram?
Yes, you can find someone's Instagram profile through their Tinder profile. You can't have access to a person’s Instagram username through their Tinder profile, but this is where the good news begins.
You can use Google Lens to look up their pictures. And if you’re lucky, they have their Instagram public, then you’ll be finding their Instagram in the blink of an eye.
Can I find someone on Tinder if they deleted their account?
No, unfortunately, you cannot find someone on Tinder if they deleted their account.
However, if they simply uninstalled the app from their phone, their account will be floating around Tinder for quite a while!
Is the Tinder search bar on Matches gone?
No, it just moved; They’ve put it in a tricky place to find.
It is on the left upper corner of your screen. Once you find it, besides searching your matches, you can see your match count too!
Can you filter Tinder search by race?
No, you cannot filter Tinder searches by race. The only options are distance, age, and gender.
However, if you prefer people of a certain country you can use a Tinder passport, which you can use if you’re subscribed to any of the premium subscriptions like Tinder Plus, or Tinder Gold.
Best of luck,